Call for papers
Biomedical engineering and the Heart
BioMedical Engineering OnLine is currently accepting manuscript submissions to be considered for publication in a thematic series on Biomedical engineering and the heart, which has already published a number of articles. Edited by Dhanjoo Ghista and Kelvin Wong (Western Sydney University, Australia), the collection accepts Research and Review manuscript submissions, and also includes commissioned topical reviews, written by leaders in the field.
The series will focus on computational analysis of the engineering, medical, and surgical aspects of cardiology. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
• System biological models and analysis of response under different stimuli within the heart
• Computing methods measuring stimulus response by the heart to electrical impulses
• New surgical methods targeting enhanced stenting operation success
• Clinical examinations and combining engineering approach with computing methods to provide healthcare management and improved diagnostics for cardiac patients
• Simulating the behavior of the heart from cell to organ level
To submit your manuscript, please use our online submission system, and indicate in your covering letter that you would like the manuscript to be considered for the Biomedical engineering and the heart thematic series. If you have a query about the suitability of a manuscript for consideration, please email a pre-submission enquiry to the Guest Editors at Kelvin.Wong@westernsydney.edu.au.
Click here to read the published articles in this series.
2017 Journal Metrics
69.6 days to first decision for received manuscripts only
55.0 days to first decision for all manuscripts
137.7 days from submission to acceptance
14.8 days from acceptance to publication
183 Altmetric mentions